These Apple Bread Rolls are mouthwatering rolls that can be served as breakfast or as a tasty dessert. Apple Bread Rolls are super simple to make with just a few ingredients. This comfort dish is a favorite at my house, especially when you are in the mood to enjoy a Fall favorite – homemade apple pie!
- 8 slices of white bread
- 5 cups apples finely chopped I am using Granny Smith and I used 5 apples
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nut meg powder
- 4 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
- In a sauce pan add apples, sugar, salt, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nut meg and cook over medium heat till apples are soft and tender not mushy. This should take 6-7 minutes after mix comes to boil. Filling is ready, let the filling come to room temperature before using. set aside.
- Next trim the edges of the bread slices. Roll the bread very thin using rolling pin.
- Brush the butter generously both sides of the rolled bread slices.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of filling over the bread slice leaving ¼ inch border all around. Roll up the bread with the filling into a cylinder
- Lightly butter all around and grill on skillet over medium heat. Keep turning them, making sure rolls are evenly browned all around.
- Serve them hot or at room temperature they taste great. You can also slice them in two to three pieces.
Source: manju kitchen